Wednesday, December 31, 2008

All I Wanted for Christmas was a Positive Pregnancy Test...

...and all I got was my period. On Christmas morning.

Obviously, DH and I were pretty crushed.

Still, we had a lovely time visiting family and friends. We had to endure a couple of Christmas parties stuffed with pregnant ladies and toddlers but all in all we were able to enjoy ourselves.

I'm writing all this on New Year's Eve and I am trying to look back and be grateful for all the good things that happened this year. For example, going through all this has made DH and I appreciate each other so much more.

In all honesty though, I pretty much want to tell 2008 to "Suck it." 2008 was a horrible, crappy year in which I think I have cried more than I have in my whole life put together before finding out I am infertile. We're going to get out of this hole one way or another, I just hope that it happens somehow someway sometime during 2009. I really do not want another period on Christmas (this year makes two in a row!). So here's hoping that 2009 is a better year for me and for everybody else out there in infertility purgatory!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you were disappointed on Christmas. This holiday was so difficult for so many of us and I truly hope that next year's is very different. Out with 2008! Wishing you all the best in the new year.

Jamie said...

2008 ~can~ suck it!!

I am so sorry AF found you on Christmas morning. But I am much impressed over your hand-made Christmas gifts! I would have had multiple nervous break downs and nothing to show for it in the end. You should be very proud!!

B MoM said...

I was wondering where you were! Booo to AF on christmas day. I'm right there with you though. I had such a sucky 2008, 2009 is bound to be better. I'm praying for motherhood in 2009.

Anonymous said...

Oh yuck.

Dropping by to tell you I just started the "Mommy Wanna Be Club" if you wanna join! It's proving to be a great community where we have discussions and network to support each other in our efforts start a family.

http://mommywannabeclub.ning.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that your christmas sucked. I know its a bit late to be commenting, but better late than never. I actually had a wonderful christmas and was "pupo" which turned into a BFP on new years...and a miscarriage in January, what a surprise. After a shitty start to the year, I'm with you when I say: I truly hope 2009 is a better year for you both! (and us too).

pregnancy miracles said...

i'm sorry to hear that..

don't know what i must said maybe this will help. today i found this website. maybe you should chek it
Pregnancy Miracles

Anonymous said...

sorry for Christmas here you will get info about A Woman's Haven