Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thanksgiving

Wow. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I didn't realize how long it had been since my last post. I've been thinking about what to write but I just haven't really had the time or energy to sit down and do it until today. Thank you Thalia for giving me the prompting I needed!

So, let me fill you in on the dizzying blur otherwise known as the Holiday Season. I figure I'll break this into a couple of separate posts to keep it from being too lengthy.

I survived Thanksgiving at my Grandma's. I had to retreat to my room and cry a couple of times but it wasn't nearly as bad as I was afraid it would be. Oddly enough it wasn't my cousin's baby that caused the worst of the tears (although I was kind of afraid to hold her for more than a few seconds), it was hearing about new pregnancies. The real kicker was hearing about an older couple with nearly grown children that accidentally got pregnant the night before a vasectomy. I know for normal people this qualifies as a cute and funny story. For DH and I it was like getting kicked in the teeth. At this point, pregnancy seems almost supernatural to us. I just can't imagine what kind of superpowers people must have to get pregnant by accident when we have been trying so hard for so long and doing everything right. Oh well, what can you do?

1 comment:

Mo said...

Sometimes I just feel that I am covered in bruises. That almost everything related to other people and their fertility and their babies makes me feel kicked in the teeth. Hang in there. May 2009 bring better days.

Mo