Sunday, November 2, 2008

Why I Started This Blog

I don't know if this blog will be read by anybody at all - but at the very least it will give me a place to rant and rave and at the very best maybe it will help somebody get through a tough day.

Last night, after an especially disastrous week that I'm sure will be described in later posts, I was busy torturing myself with infertility statistics and my husband was watching football. That horrible Volkswagen/Brooke Shields ad came on for what felt like the hundredth time in an hour and I completely snapped. In a fit of blind rage, I googled something along the lines of "Infertility is making me freaking insane!!!" and ended up spending the rest of the night reading the stories of other people who, like me, are trying their best to slog their way through infertility hell with dignity and sanity.

First things first. Thank you to all the other bloggers out there who have shared their stories. I'm sharing mine now because I don't believe that infertility is something to suffer silently and I want my suffering committed to public record in hopes that it will make life more bearable for me and for anybody out there who's going through the same thing.

I want you to know that I am blogging anonymously ONLY because I don't want my ranting and raving to hurt the people in my life who do their best to support me but sometimes/usually/always (depending on who they are) say hurtful things. My initials aren't really LB and if you do figure out who I am I hope you don't take anything here too personally.

Additionally, I want to help raise public awareness and change crappy health insurance laws. I'm hoping that this blog is my first step towards finding other like-minded individuals who can point me in the right direction. I know you are out there doing good work - if you come across this blog please contact me and let me know what I can do.

And that is why I started this blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you

i started my blog for the exact same reason...

it's a nice release to be able to write and know that others in the same situation are writing too...

AmberGlow said...

LOL! I can't stand that Brooke Shields commercial either! Whenever I see it I think, "Hmmmm.... there's one fertility treatment I haven't tried yet...I just need to buy a VW and I'll get pregnant!"

Thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the IF blogosphere. I've enjoyed the support I have found in this community. I hope you will find the same comfort and support, and I hope your blogging is therapeutic for you.